Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing
Automatic Phone Interviews Using IVR Technology
Since 1978, Database Systems Corp. (DSC) has been providing computer products including automatic call center phone systems. These systems have been provided to our clients along with our IVR applications and computer assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) software.
DSC has developed CATI applications using our award winning interactive voice response solutions.
Automatic phone interviews can be processed by answering respondent phone calls or can be initiated by outbound phone calls.
Using our autodialer phone systems and CATI software, we can call a potential interviewee and play a custom greeting.
The caller is given the option to be interviewed by phone or can talk with a representative (if you choose). Likewise, the caller can leave a voice message, hear additional information or simply decline to be interviewed at this time or ever.
The call survey application can be programmed to accept touchphone response or can record each question response for later analysis.
Contact DSC to learn more about our phone surveys and CATI systems and services.
Automated Telephone Interview Features
CATI Computer assisted telephone interviewing offers many benefits and features.
- More standardized samples and contact procedures can be programmed in the CATI system, insuring uniformity and efficiency.
- Recorded responses and text to speech conversions allow interview questions to be automatically modified to include current information already obtained and to phrase questions appropriately by such personal characteristics as gender and marital status.
- Computer-controlled skip patterns permit far more complex interviews than are possible with paper and pencil forms. Questions can be designed to vary according to answers given earlier in the interview or even according to random numbers. Complex experiments can be integrated into the survey.
- In-process data cleaning is a standard benefit, since many potential interviewer errors, such as missed questions or inappropriate skips, are virtually eliminated. Also, apparent discrepancies between responses may be automatically identified for probing during the course of the interview.
- Interview results and calculations are available sooner because data entry and most manual editing and data cleaning steps are performed during the CATI process. For more complex telephone surveys and scripts, this may save weeks between the completion of interview and the beginning of analysis of the interview responses.
- Automatic record-keeping, by date, time, sample segment facilitates both interim and final reports on sampling outcomes and performance. Automatic timing of alternate question wordings and sequences can aid in the design of interviews that are less burdensome to respondents and more efficient for researchers.
CATI Outsourcing Services
Our CATI clients are provided the following features when using the telephone survey outsourcing services at our call center:
- 800 Answering Service For CATI
- Overall Timed Interview Process
- Individually Timed Questions
- Simple To Complex Interview Scripts
- Database Access and Update
- Unlimited Interview Questionaires
- Website and Server Data Access
- Text To Speech Converter
- Touchtone Response Recording
- Voice Response Recording
- Professionally Recorded Question Prompts
- Outside Phone Transfer Upon Test Completion
- Online Reporting
- Much More....
Call Us Today
Contact DSC to learn more about our automated surveys and interviewing software and services.