IVR Voice Messaging Services
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) is a leading provider of computer telephony products including interactive voice response solutions using XML and VXML technology.
What Is IVR and VXML?
VoiceXML (VXML) is a format for specifying interactive voice dialogues between a human and a computer. This standard allows IVR and voice applications to be developed and deployed in a way similar to how HTML is used for web applications. Systems employing this technology are sometimes referred to as Voice Portals.
Our phone messaging services with VXML messaging lets you automatically send calls from your computer system to our phone systems using VoiceXML Push logic.
Our phone systems can automatically access information from your computer systems and web servers using XML pull logic, retrieving web information and converting this to voice.
A common implementation is to deploy banks of voice browsers attached to the public switched telephone network so that users can use a telephone to interact with voice applications.
Alerts can be automatically broadcast to systems administrators or to an entire department based upon an external event such as a power failure or system failure.
Other applications may be as simple as wakeup calls or weather alerts that are triggered automatically from your own computer systems or websites.
Contact Database for a FREE analysis and to learn more about our xml push software and automatic messaging systems.
XML Pull Data Access
Database Systems Corp. supports XML Pull and Web Information Access logic that enables our PACER phone system to make external requests for information via the internet.
Using this technique, callers can be given information maintained anywhere on the web. Using our Text To Speech application software, text information can be retrieved via discreet messages to other web sites (or servers)
and this information converted into a phone message that is automatically played to the caller.
Virtually any type of information can now be relayed to a caller using our phone system.
Johns Hopkins University
"The mission of The Johns Hopkins University is to educate its students and cultivate their capacity for life-long learning, to foster independent and original research, and to bring the benefits of discovery to the world."
Researchers at Johns Hopkins University utilize our IVR hosting services and interactive voice response data center to manage automated surveys of student volunteers. Johns Hopkins is collecting behavioral information over an extended period of time for long term health care research.
The Benefits of XML Message Broadcasting
The following are some of the benefits of our XML Push phone messaging systems.
- Automating emergency notification services
- Accessing large volumes of dynamic information
- Processing simple notification and reminder calls
- Extending hours of operation (24 by 7)
- Speeding response times to callers
- Expanding call capacity faster and at a lower cost
- Providing multi-lingual message support
- Reducing the cost of service center operations
XML Push Applications
These are just a few applications for XML Push phone message services:
- Automatic Message Transmission
- Technical Assistance Alert
- Marketing Promotion Alert
- Student/Instructor Reminders
- Wake Up Service
- Appointment Reminders
- Power Outage Notification
- System Failure Alert
- Severe Weather Warnings
- Stock Alerts
- Relay Web data via XML Pull
- Disaster Alerts and Warnings
- Group Meeting Notifications
- Special Event Notification
- Wedding/Funeral Announcements
- And much more.....
XML Pull Applications
These are just a few applications for XML pull remote data access:
- Automatic Message Retrieval
- Technical Assistance Information Access
- Access Customer Information
- Account Balance Information
- Email access and playback
- Sports Scores and Team Information
- Weather and Temperature Reports
- And much more.....
Phone Message Service Features
- XML Standard Messages
- Client/Server Architecture
- Multiple messages in XML message
- Customized XML message processing
- Multiple phone number messaging
- Play Message and Prompt
- Call Outside Line and Transfer
- Connect Caller to Outside party
- Record Automatic Message and Store
- User Navigation and Selection
- Voice Mail
- Route Caller to Support Rep.
- Database Access and Update
- Text To Speech (TTS)
- Mix Messages and Text
- Response Logging and Reports
Call Us Today
Contact DSC for a FREE analysis and quote and to learn more about our IVR voice messaging and VXML messaging services.