Interactive Voice Response Testing
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) has been a leading provider of call processing solutions and computer software since 1978. DSC specializes in the development of automated phone solutions which feature interactive voice response (IVR) applications.
What Is IVR Testing?
IVR testing is a key element within a new IVR design process. Testing involves not just the functioning of the IVR program but also how well the IVR program performs under stress and error conditions.
(For information about using an automatic phone system for student and employee testing, please visit our Testing by Phone web page.)
IVR Test Plan Considerations
An IVR development project requires the thorough testing of the application prior to its installation in a live environment.
The following are different test processes that need to be considered when constructing a test plan for an IVR installation:
To further assist in the testing and analysis of an IVR program, DSC has developed an IVR resource calculation program to properly assign the correct number of phone lines based upon peak call loads and IVR utilization.
- IVR Program Flow Test - Are all of the IVR phone key paths fully functional? Is the user directed to the proper response when a phone key response is entered?
- IVR Voice Recordings Verfication - This step requires that every voice recording that is played to the user is fully functional and plays the complete message as designed.
- IVR Error Condition Tests - If the user hits the wrong phone key, how does the IVR respond? Is the error message played to the user sufficiently clear and does the user know how to proceed?
- Database Access Test - Does the IVR retrieve the proper information over the network or from the internet. Are there failsafe procedures in place to ensure the proper information is accessible?
- Disabled Communications Test - If a communications breakdown occurs during any phase of the IVR process, is the user given an appropriate warning and does the IVR recover properly from a transaction update?
- Text To Speech Test - Does the text to speech converter work properly with the supplied information retrieved? How does the converter respond under heavy usage?
- Database Update Test - During an IVR transaction, is the information submitted by the user properly updated in the database? Is the data saved and readily retrievable? Are there reasonable checks placed upon the captured data? (i.e. age vs years of employment)
- Voice Recording Test - Does the IVR properly save information about the IVR transaction that has been recorded (for legal and transaction purposes)? Is the retrieval of these recording properly managed and are these recordings transmitted (when required) to the proper destinations?
- System Load Test - Does the IVR computer system perform properly when subjected to a heavy load of calls? Is the system configured properly to handle expected peak loads? Are all of the IVR components (recordings, text to speech, network access) capable of performing under extreme call volumes?
- Intuitive IVR Logic Test - Finally, does the IVR perform in a manner that allows the intuitive user to understand the prompts and navigation? Is the system self-correcting and can the user start over or return to a prior response without terminating the transaction?
Contact DSC to learn more about our IVR testing services and phone systems.
IVR Project Phases
Database Systems Corp. applies the systems approach to the design and development of IVR applications for its customers. Here are the basic steps and functions that are performed by our experienced management and development team:
IVR Phone Systems
An Interactive voice response (IVR) processes inbound phone calls, plays recorded messages including information extracted from databases and the internet, and potentially routes calls to either in-house service agents or transfers the caller to an outside extension.
The Database Systems Corp. IVR system is an automatic answering system, collecting useful information from a caller before the call is transferred to an agent.
The IVR can fulfill the callerís request without a transfer.
Our IVR software and call answering system gives your organization a 24 by 7 capability, providing around-the-clock information to your callers.
Our entry level phone is a 4 analog line IVR system which includes our simple WIZARD setup program or comes optionally with our comprehensive IVR software development toolkit.
If your calling center requires more lines, our PACER IVR voice response system can be used in environments where hundreds to thousands of digital phone lines are required.
Custom IVR Applications
These are just a few of the custom IVR applications that have been developed by our professional programming staff using our comprehensive IVR software library:
- Customer Service Surveys
- Literature Fulfillment
- Stock Quotes and Orders
- Employee Testing and Evaluation
- Order Entry and IVR Programming
- Credit Card Processing
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Benefit Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Message and Recording Services
- Locator IVR Service
- Order Processing and Status
- Voice Mail Processing
- Inventory Confirmation
- Account Status
- Clinical IVR Surveys
- Lead Generation & Capture
- Contests and IVR Opinion Polls
Call Us Today
Contact DSC for a FREE analysis and quote and to learn more about our IVR products and IVR services.