Text Messaging Services and Systems
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) provides technology solutions to customers throughout the world. DSC has developed computer products for call processing centers. These products include phone systems and application development software and tools.
Call processing services from DSC include automated IVR (Interactive Voice Response) phone answering services and message broadcast services.
Commercial and community text messaging (to a large group individuals with mobile devices) is a gaining popularity, particularly with targeted phone audiences such as employees or clients. Text messaging members of a community during an emergency alert is also gaining popularity.
What Is Text Messaging?
Text messaging, or texting is the common term for the sending of "short" (160 characters or fewer, including spaces, newer phones can hold up to 20 pages of 160 characters) text messages from mobile phones using the Short Message Service (SMS).
It is available on most digital mobile phones and some personal digital assistants with on-board wireless telecommunications.
Commercial text messages can be sent to all of your clients or to a select group of vendors. Emergency text messages can be delivered to community members in the event of a disaster that affects a large number of individuals.
Contact DSC to learn more about how to send text messages to your customers and community members.
How To Use Our Text Messaging Services
Our online message delivery service is easy to use and it's secure. Once you've registered for our service, here are the simple steps required to send voice messages.
That's it. For an online tour of our message broadcast service, visit our message broadcasting demonstration page.
- Create and upload one or more list(s) of call recipients.
- Enter your text message.
- Push "Start" message broadcast button.
Register Online For Text Message Services
DSC now provides an online signup for non-profit and commercial organizations wishing to use our message broadcasting and text messaging service.
Types of Text Messaging Campaigns
Sending text messages can be far more than delivering a simple message to a group of mobile devices. The following different types of text message broadcasting are supported using our phone systems and outsourcing services:
- Text Messaging
- Basic text messaging where the system broadcasts a simple text message to a list of mobile device phone numbers and sends a text message.
This technique could be useful when you wish to provide basic information or announce an event, provide a reminder, or request an action from the contacted individual.
- Custom Text Messaging
- Similar to basic text messaging, but the message broadcast system sends a unique text message based upon the number dialed. Likewise the entire message could be unique for each number or based upon demographic items in the call list database. The message itself could be stored in the database.
- Text Messaging with Captured Text Responses
- Expands the prior text messaging techniques by sending a message that gives the contacted individual options from which to select. The text message sent can request an acknowledgement or text response can be captured. This information can be transmitted back to the initial client that sent the original bulk text messages.
- Text Messaging Sent Via VoiceXML
- Text messages can be initiated using VoiceXML or other protocols. Individual text messages can be sent, or a single text message can be sent to a group (or list) of individual mobile devices. This type of automatic text message generation is useful during emergencies or events that are automatically detected by sensors.
Call Us Today
Contact DSC to learn more about text messaging using our call center technology.